Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Holiday Weekend

Dan and I worked hard over Labor Day weekend and got a lot accomplished here at the farm. We also had a chance to get away and enjoy a nice day in the Northern part of the state.

Saturday consisted of chores, chores and more chores! We changed some paddocks around which including digging new holes for posts, installing a new gate, and reconfiguring our fencing. It took a while, but came out great and will make life around here a bit easier!

Since our little piglets are ready to go out on their own, we also "piggie-proofed" the small paddock that we have for our farm critters. We made sure there were no areas where the little ones could escape. The piglets are enjoying their time outside and are doing their best to make friends with the goats. (The goats are not impressed.)

Sunday was great! We woke up bright and early, fed animals and then hit the road with our hiking gear! We drove 90 minutes north to Mount Major in Alton Bay, NH.


There's me, heading up a steep pass...


At the top, enjoying a gorgeous view!



On the way back we stopped at the Hopkinton Fair. Below is a picture of myself meeting "Barry", a 12-year-old ox that weighs in at 3,150 pounds. His back is 6'3"!




I'm not a big fan of Llamas, but this one was just soooo funny looking! Talk about a bad haircut!



We have been working on our preparations for the Deerfield Fair. I will be posting show times soon! It looks like we will have quite a few of Faith's Fans coming to meet her and watch her compete!

Who is planning on attending the fair and meeting Faith? Let us know in the comments below!

.

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous view up there! I'd love to go meet you and Faith at the show but I just moved to Wisconsin for grad school a month ago :/ Good luck! Can't wait for a report and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to the fair

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that same Llama at Hopkinton Fair, funny looking haircut.

    I am planning on going to Deerfield, and will be basing when I go upon the times that Faith will be showing, as I want to come watch her, and meet her.

    I think you should take a good photo of her, and make copies, "sign" it with Faiths name and hand it out to her fan club, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,
    Iam definetaly going to the fair, can't wait to see Faith..Planning on going Friday but waiting to see what time she is going to be in the ring, or if we can see her in her stall
    Will wait for an update. Rita, Epping,n.h.

    ReplyDelete
  5. imma beg to go lol....hope i can :D

    ReplyDelete