Monday, June 8, 2009

It's Fundraiser Time!

Are you ready for an awesome fundraiser? Giselle Rec at Hairloom Treasures has designed us custom jewelry made from Faith's own tail hairs! We have six beautiful pieces we will be auctioning off - look below!

With Faith's costly and ongoing veterinary care, and Linus's impending surgery, we can use all of the financial help we can get. Our goal is to raise $500 - let's see what we can do! Five of the pieces will be auctioned off on eBay, and one will be raffled off.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

First up is a braided bracelet with a silver latch clasp. This bracelet is what Faith is all about: simple elegance!


The second piece seems to be everyone's favorite! It is a bracelet with silver decor and a beautiful star toggle. This bracelet is absolutely gorgeous!


Up next is a keychain with gold hardware and "Faith" written in gold beads. Bring a piece of Faith with you whereever you go!

Our largest piece is a necklace with a beautiful pewter horse head on it. It is elegant and sophisticated.

Next is a bracelet with gold tone hardware and a matching toggle. Faith's name is shown in gold tone beads. Practical and stylish!

And if I could keep any of the pieces for myself, it would surely be this next one... This is an absolutely gorgeous bracelet with gold weave throughout. It is finished with an engraved 14kt gold clasp. Pictures do not do this piece justice - it is absolutely stunning!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The great thing about all of these is that they are made with Faith's own tail hairs. Here are pictures of the process!

Cutting one clump of hair from Faith's tail.

Faith investigating what we took.

Giselle working on one of our pieces!

Most of these will be listed on eBay shortly. If you are interested in bidding on them but do not have an eBay account, please email me and we will try out best to get a bid in for you. I will post links soon!

I'm curious what people think of this fundraiser and the awesome items we have up for grabs - let me know your thoughts! Which piece is your favorite?

.

7 comments:

  1. Horse head necklace and simple bracelet. Great fund-raiser! But darn I can't do Ebay at work ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pieces! Beautiful work! Thanks for the opportunity to bid on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely idea, using Faith's tail hair.

    oldmorgans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Faith looks amazing!!!! You have done a great job with her. I love the lovely simple bracelet with silver clasp. Sadly, I cannot afford it, but I wish you luck in getting the most you can for those pieces because Faith and Linus deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love that last bracelet!
    Ver kewl auction, unfortunatly I just agreed with hubby not to buy anything we don't really need to survive ;) (we have some spay/neuters coming up for some of our own rescues and really need to put aside some money for that). Good luck with the auction and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the second bracelet! It's my all time favorite! It looks even better now that it is finished! I love how she out the stars on it! <3 I hope the fundraising goes good! We can come up with some more ideas too! :]

    ~Lambert! <33
    p.s. I didn't know they had to do the surgery so soon for Linus. Poor boy :( Atleast he will be better! <3

    ReplyDelete